Job Title: Project Co Ordinator
Job Location: Coimbatore
Qualification: Any Degree
No of Positions: 1
Experience: 3- 5 years
Candidate Requirement :
- Receiving the project related inquiries and analyzing them
- Identifying the inquiries into categories (Flat rack/Open top/ RORO/Breakbulk/Heavylift/Brage and Tug/Landing craft)
- Also identifying the Local inland transport requirements and classifying into categories (Flat bed/Low bed/Modular/Multi axle/ SPMT/Extendable trailers) and liaise with Transport Dept
- Arrange to have physical inspection & site survey on cargo where required to ensure compliance with packing list provided.
- Checking rates with concerned Lines (Shipping lines/RORO/Breakbulk/Barge and Tug/Landing craft owners) for the Freight costs
- Liaise with transport department for checking rates with concerned transporters with special cargo trailers for inland transport port to yard/yard to port
- Checking rates with overseas agents to handle inbound and cross trade project inquiries door to door basis.
- Overlooking & monitoring the vessel discharging/loading in coordination with operations team to ensure smooth and safe delivery of cargo.
- Coordination with all relevant stakeholders – site project team, vendors, expediter, clearing agents, customs clearance authorities, contractors and transporters and port authorities involved in the project.
- Providing regular status reports on ongoing shipments to clients / overseas agents in case of nominated business
- Reviewing on-going project inquiries and ongoing jobs and assessing and providing regular feedback / updates to top management.
- Perform regular follow-ups with clients and staff members in order to ensure timeliness and quality of work
- Continuously sourcing and negotiating with suitable transporters (in coordination with Transport Dept) ,shipping lines and customs agents most suited for the relevant project and ensure that the project budget constraints are met.
- Ensuring projects are completed within the given time period and conforming to clients stated requirement.
- Liaise with Finance team for the payments to the vendors, controlling and maintaining the advances to the suppliers within the company permissible limits and other related activities.
- Preparation of reports / power point presentations.
- Analysing contracts for effectiveness, identifying areas of weakness and implementing improvements to increase margins.
- Drafting the contractual guidelines for booking notes & providing professional advice to clients in contractual matters.
- Sending pre alerts to all concerned parties and updating all parties concerned until shipment delivered to final client.
Interested Candidates can apply.